Navigate back to the homepage

Amy Fang

I graduated from MIT in 2020, majoring in Mechanical Engineering and minoring in Anthropology and Design. In my last semester, I took my first urban planning class, 11.158 Behavior and Policy: Connections in Transportation, which has catalyzed a newfound fascination for all things behaviorally irrational (yet undeniably human) and excessively complicated. During this time, I became engaged to NUMTOT in a whirlwind romance, which helped me expose the inequitable safety misperceptions of shared micromobility. Today, I fulfill my insatiable hunger for urban planning through mouthwatering memes, palatable PDF readings from classes I will never take, and spicy opportunities like the Missing Data Project. My first project investigates contradictory policies on the county, state, and national levels, specifically in the realm of everyday COVID-19 public safety practices. Just like my “missing” data sources, I thrive in ambiguity.

COVID-19 State Reopening Policies and Mask Mandates

All 50 states have been affected uniquely and have reacted differently to COVID-19. Some have authorized statewide stay-at-home orders, and…

July 24th, 2020 · 4 min read
© 2020 MIT Civic Data Design Lab
Link to $https://github.com/civic-data-design-lab